The “item” combination mark is registered and protected internationally. You are therefore required to comply with the rules of use for our combination mark outlined in our brand usage contract, which must be signed before any external use by a third party.
Colour and background
For in-house use by item, the logo should preferably be presented horizontally in red HKS 13 on white.
Alternatively, the logo can be superimposed in red HKS 13 onto a background image.
In some applications, it is also possible to rotate the logo 90°.
Online, the logo is always positioned to the far left of the screen. The position and clearances are not precisely fixed and vary according to the layout of the page in question. The logo is displayed online exclusively in red HKS 13 on white, observing the prescribed clearance.
The clearance between the item logo and the edge of the square corresponds with the given height of the “i” without its dot. This clearance applies on all four sides of the logo – left, right, top and bottom.
It is absolutely essential that texts, graphic elements, photographs, etc. observe this minimum clearance. An exception to this rule is shown in the second graphic, which uses the variable clearance x to demonstrate how text elements connected directly to the item trademark are to be placed, e.g. the claim or name of business partners.
The logo may not be presented in negative white form.
The logo may not be presented in black on a coloured background.
The logo may not be presented in shades of grey.
Unpermitted variant due to further modification
Local additions to the item logo to indicate a specific business partner can be created in line with the procedure described below. In addition, the compulsory clearance requirements laid out in the section on “Clearance” must be observed.
Font for name of branch/business partner: item Global Lig Con (Download link provided in “Related topics and downloads”).
Long names of branches/business partners are left/right-aligned with the item logo.
Medium-length names of branches/business partners are right-aligned with the item logo.
Short names of branches/business partners are right-aligned with the item logo and left-aligned with the “m”.
Very short names of branches/business partners are right-aligned with the item logo and left/right-aligned with the “m” (can be stretched).
The clearance between the name of the branch/business partner and the item logo corresponds with the length of the “i” dot rotated 90°
Wordmark without logo
item linear motion unit® (as a product brand)
item MotionSoft® (as a product brand)
item MotionDesigner® (as a product brand)
item ergolean® (as a product brand)
Note: Wordmarks must always bear the registered trademark symbol ® in superscript.
item audio logo (as an audio brand)
Consciously involving the customer in the claim is meant to convey our vision of partnership with companies. This defines item as a premium brand mainly through quality, innovative prowess and the sustainable business expertise of our customers. Our claim does not officially form part of the logo and can therefore also be used on its own.
In any cases where the link between the two is not obvious, the longer version of the claim should be used. Our claim must always bear the registered trademark symbol “®” in superscript.
Guidelines for brand usage
- item’s written consent (approval) is required prior to any of use of the item logo.
- Any kind of use of the item logo must always ensure that the presentation provides unambiguous information about the specific relationship between the user and item. This means that any kind of misleading suggestion of the business and/or other relationships between item and the user and/or other third parties must be avoided at all costs. Furthermore, the user must not do anything to damage the good reputation or the standing of the item logo or item itself.
- The item logo is a registered and internationally protected trademark. It must always be presented in its registered form and only be used in accordance with the print templates that item provides upon request. Print templates of the item logo provided in the form of electronic files may not be opened in a graphics program for any form of modification. Use of the item logo must always comply with the following specifications:
- The item logo is always presented horizontally in the special colour Red HKS 13 (or four-colour printing 0/100/95/0) on white and is also always red on coloured backgrounds.
- The item logo requires clearance to be effective. The area kept free on each side must be at least the length of the “i” without its dot. No other elements may be placed in this clearance.
- The item logo may only be displayed in black and white in exceptional cases and after consulting the Innovation & Organisational Development / Corporate Identity department at the head office of item Industrietechnik GmbH in Solingen.
- The item logo may neither be presented in negative white form, nor in black on a coloured background, nor in shades of grey or different colours.
- The following statement must always accompany any use of the item logo: “item is a registered trademark of item Industrietechnik GmbH.”
- Wherever the item logo is used in virtual environments, such as a reference on a website, this must be linked to the company’s website at www.item24.com.
- Descriptions of item products must always be based on facts and may not include misleading statements. Furthermore, every product representation must underpin the good reputation of item and do justice to the properties of the item product in question. Item does not authorise the use of the item logo as part of comparative advertising.
- item reserves all rights to the name “item” and the item logo. Users are expressly prohibited from acquiring their own rights to or in connection with the “item” mark and/or logo. In particular, users may not register brands or domains or operate business names that include the term “item” and/or the item logo.
- item can revoke its agreement to any use of the item logo at any time without stating a reason, unless an individual arrangement to the contrary has been made. In particular, item reserves the right to check the formal and associative correctness (incl. ideological, cultural, political and value-based aspects according to item’s own judgement) and legal admissibility of any kind of use of the item logo by third parties and prohibit such use where it sees fit. The statutory regulations remain unaffected.
- Special conditions apply to the use of the item logo by item pluspartners and the company’s authorised dealers.